How to get over the Disneyland blues

Wednesday, March 09, 2016


If you're as big of a Disneyland/World fan as I am then you'll understand the horrible feeling of being in between trips; you haven't just come back, but you aren't anywhere near going again either. You're in Disneyland limbo and it sucks. So what can you do? Here are my tried and tested tips for getting over the Disneyland blues:

Watch other people's Disney vlogs 
This is definitely not for everyone, one of my friends hates watching other people in Disneyland and it makes her even more sad that she isn't there. But for me this is the perfect escape; if I can't be there in person to get my daily dose of magic, I'll just get it through the internet instead!

Look through your old Disney photos
This is something I absolutely love doing, it makes me feel all nostalgic and and so excited about my next trip! Although I love watching other people's adventures in the most magical place on earth, there's nothing better than being reminded of all the amazing times you have had there yourself in the past

Watch your favourite Disney movies
This one's a pretty obvious one, allowing you to get that magical Disney fix without being too much of a reminder that you're not at the parks. For optimal results you'll need a bucket of popcorn, a duvet and pillows and friends who love Disney just as much as you!

Buy Disney merch
What could feel more like being at Disneyland than buying useless merch that you think you need until you get home and realise you will never use it? If you live in the UK, Primark always has a fantastic range of Disney clothing and accessories and of course the Disney Store can provide you with a whole host of Disney-fied items (some more necessary than others)

Plan your next trip!
Nothing can get you out of the Disney blues quite like the certainty of knowing exactly when you will be going back. Once you have everything booked it's so much fun planning what days you'll be doing what and where you'll be eating (although it will give you a craving for Casey's Corner chicken nuggets). Obviously this isn't possible for everyone, but even when I don't have a holiday booked I still love looking at all the hotels on the Disneyland website and deciding which one I'd love to stay in next.

Thanks for reading,

Amy xxx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This resonates with me so much! I struggle with the blues every time an exciting experience has finished, and this gave me some great ideas to bust through them. Thanks Amy! :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe