Week Eleven | Working For The Mouse (CEP/DCP)

Thursday, March 07, 2019

Saturday 26th August - Disney Springs and Dominos

I was working 10:15-15:30 and then went over to Disney Springs to do a bit of last minute shopping, buying a memory box for myself and some gifts for my family and friends. I bought a strawberries and cream crepe from Aristocrepes and then spent the evening at home. Me and Esme ordered Dominos for dinner, making the most of the amazing and cheap American Dominos whilst we still could. 



Sunday 27th August - Starting to pack

I had the morning off so I started to sort my stuff out and get some of it packed away and then went to work for the afternoon.

Monday 28th August - Feeling ill

I think by this point a whole summer of eating terribly and never resting properly had finally gotten to me and I woke up feeling really ill so I called out and did some more packing.

Tuesday 29th August - Epcot and my last shift

I went to Epcot in the morning and had a cronut and then a chocolate macaron ice cream sandwich for my breakfast, as they were on my list to try and I hadn't gotten round to doing it until now. They were both amazing, especially the ice cream sandwich and I was so gutted I hadn't had them sooner. I spent some time wandering around World Showcase and took some photos then went on Finding Nemo and Spaceship Earth. I then got on the bus and went for my last shift at The Mara where I was on pizza/bakery. It was a really quiet shift because it was a Halloween party night which was nice because it meant I got to chat with all my work friends before I had to leave. I actually ended up training one of the new American CPs who had just started and it was really sad because they were so lovely and I only got to work with them for one day. 



Wednesday 30th August - Our last full day in Florida

We spent most of the morning in the flat, packing, cleaning and throwing away a tonne of junk before we had to hand in our keys and housing IDs. We said goodbye to Patterson Court and flat 14304 and headed over to Wilderness Lodge where we were staying for our final night together. We didn't need to be out of housing until the following day but we thought staying in a resort would make it a little more special and then we could get the Magical Express to the airport the next day. 



After we'd checked in, we headed over to Magic Kingdom and had lunch at Skipper Canteen, where I had the Char Sui pork and chocolate cake. We then went and got pixie dusted one last time before getting our graduation Mickey ears embroidered at Fantasy Faire. A bit of Disney magic meant we had some fastpasses to use so we went on mine train, space mountain, carousel of progress (we all cried because our tomorrow wasn't going to be so great or beautiful) and Buzz Lightyear. We met all of the princesses at the hall and then we went down Main Street to meet Mickey one last time as our boss. It was super emotional and when we came out a cast member said we looked like we needed some pixie dust and she gave us each a little bag of Mickey shaped confetti. In the evening we of course watched Happily Ever After all together for one last time and we all cried. A lot. We then went on Haunted Mansion and did the Tangled photopass together before we went and had a massive group picture in front of the castle with pretty much everyone on our program. Cat had spent the entire summer working on the carousel but had never actually been on it herself so we went on that before having a last look in the Emporium and then getting the boat back to Wilderness Lodge. Even though we had to be up super early the next day, none of us wanted the day to end so we just sat in our beds watching TV for far longer than we should have done. It really was an amazing way to finish our program and it's a day I will remember forever. 



Thursday 31st August - Food and Wine, and the Tragical Express

Jenna had to leave at 7:30 to get the Magical Express to the airport for her flight to New York so we all got up to say our goodbyes and then got ready to spend the morning in Epcot and have a little taster of the Food and Wine Festival (no pun intended). Before going into the park we made a detour to costuming to return my costume and then as we entered the park we were stopped by a cast member asking if we were happy to be filmed for some promotional material. We of course said yes and so they filmed us taking a selfie in front of Spaceship Earth. It took a lot of takes and I think I have about 100 selfies in my camera roll from it! We really thought they wouldn't use any of the footage but they did and you can see us in action here



By then it was 11am and the World Showcase was open. We stopped at the Ireland booth first where we had warm chocolate pudding for our breakfast and then throughout the morning I also tried the chocolate baklava from Morocco and the calamari from Italy. After making our way around all the countries we did one last ride; the Three Cabelleros in Mexico and then I had to leave the others to get the bus back to Wilderness Lodge and get the Magical Tragical Express to the airport and fly home to very cold and not very magical England. 

Thank you so much for sticking with me and reading these posts - they're definitely not among my most viewed posts but i've loved writing them (even if its taken me a year and a half) and looking back on all the things I got up to during my program. I still can't believe its been so long since I finished, and I really would give anything to go back and do it all again. 

Amy xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe