Week Nine | Working For The Mouse (CEP/DCP)

Friday, January 04, 2019

Saturday 12th August - Work

This week seems to be the week where I gave up making a note of the mundane things I was doing before/after work so there are a few days where I apparently just did nothing!

Sunday 13th August - Epcot and Universe of Energy

This was the day that Universe of Energy closed and Courtney and I had the morning off so we decided to go and ride it whilst we still could because Courtney had never done it before. When we got there it was down because apparently someone had walked onto the track so we went to the China pavilion to get some orange chicken (because we can't go to Epcot without getting orange chicken). After lunch we went to do Imagination with Figment but that was also down. We tried to do Universe of Energy again but it was still down and we didn't have time to wait before Courtney had to go to work so we went over to the seas and had a look at some of the animals. After Courtney had left for work, Universe of Energy was finally back up again so I went on it before doing some shopping and then getting an early night before work in the morning. 


Monday 14th August - Chip and Dale Campfire Sing-a-long

I went to work in the morning and then went to Fort Wilderness for the evening with Jenna to do the Chip and Dale Campfire Singalong. It was good but the format of it meant that we only got to meet one of them which was kind of a disappointment. We then bought a smores kit and roasted marshmallows on one of the campfires and they started playing one of the Cars films. Once we'd eaten our smores we got the bus to the beach at the resort and watched the end of the Happily Ever After fireworks. When they'd finished we got the boat over to Wilderness Lodge to get the bus back home and we were the only 2 people on it. Whilst we were going over there the water pageant started and our driver let us watch it whilst we were still on the water and we were super close which was so cool.


Tuesday 15th August - Work

Wednesday 16th August - 12 hour shift

I had my first and luckily only 12 hour shift from 7:30-7:30, doing dining room. I really wasn't looking forward to doing this shift anyway because of how long it was so the fact that it was on dining room, my least favourite position, made it even worse. It was a very long and tiring day because I was just on my feet the entire time, and it was also pretty boring because for a lot of the shift I was there by myself. Thankfully I managed to get an ER and my manager let me leave at 5pm so my 12 hour shift turned into a 91/2 hour shift... it still sucked but it was much better than it could have been!

Thursday 17th August - Shopping and Cheesecake Factory

Me and some of my flatmates had the day off so we decided to have a break from the parks and went to do some shopping. We went to the premium outlets first where I went to Victoria's Secret and bought about 5 different things for the same price as just one of them cost at full price. We then got an Uber over to the Mall at Millennia and went to Cheesecake Factory for lunch before browsing around the shops; I bought some hand sanitisers from Bath and Bodyworks because I have to stock up on about 10 of them every time I go to America. We had all been too full to have dessert at lunchtime so we went back to the Cheesecake Factory and got some cheesecake to take home with us. We then spent the evening in our flat watching High School Musical and eating our cheesecake - I had a white chocolate and raspberry one and it was delicious!


Friday 18th August - Work

Thanks for reading!

Amy xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe