One Year of University

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

The past year has been the fastest year of my life. And quite possibly the best. 

This time last year I was 17, in the middle of my A Level exams, and had no idea what I would be doing with my future. I didn't know what grades I would get in my exams or which university I would be spending the next 3 years of my life at. Now, 1 year later, I'm 18, I've finished my first year at the University of Birmingham and I'm sitting in my accommodation bedroom for one of the last times before I head back home for the summer. 

Having seen my brother and sister experience university themselves. I knew that coming to uni was definitely something I wanted to do and I knew I would enjoy it, but I never knew just quite how much I would end up loving it. 

Over the year I have had the most amazing experiences and opportunities, I've learnt so many amazing things, both about English Language and myself, and I've met some absolutely amazing people who I know will be my friends for life. It's crazy how you can know someone for only 9 months, but feel like you've been friends for a lifetime. 

I honestly cannot believe how quickly this year has gone and whilst I'm looking forward to the summer and living with my friends in a house next year, I am definitely going to miss this flat that I've called home for the past year. It feels like only yesterday that I was having a mini meltdown in this empty room after my parents had gone home on the first day, and now I wish I could never leave. Even at 8 in the morning, walking into the kitchen and seeing this view never fails to put me in a good mood, and I know the task of taking down all of my pictures and posters before I leave will be an incredibly emotional one. 

So, I'll leave this incredibly soppy post by saying thank you to everyone who made my first year here at Birmingham so special, and I can't wait to see what the next two years have in store for me.

Thanks for reading,

Amy xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe