A Love Letter to Photopass Photographers

Friday, November 16, 2018

In the past couple of days, the news has broken that Disney World are apparently going to be replacing Photopass photographers with automated cameras in certain character meet and greet locations. I for one am absolutely heart broken by this news and based on the reactions I've seen on social media I think most other people are as well. In a place that's filled with so much magic, the idea of having something so automated and impersonal completely baffles me. An automated camera in a box isn't going to take candid photos off to the side of the set, or take close ups of guests reactions. It's not going to suggest poses for you to get your dream photos with your favourite character. It's not going to get the attention of a distracted child or make a crying baby laugh.  

For me personally, Photopass photographers are an essential part of a character meet and they can sometimes help to create magical memories for you to the same extent as the characters themselves. A lot of people's favourite memories come from meeting characters in the Disney parks, but it shouldn't be forgotten that its the Photopass photographers who are responsible for immortalising these memories for you to look back on. Whilst of course we've all have some not so great experiences where you're not in focus or you're blinking in every single picture, for the most part Photopass photographers go above and beyond to give you memories you'll never forget. 

To show just how valuable I think Photopass photographers are, here are some of my absolute favourite moments from character meets that I am lucky enough to have in a form that I can treasure forever.



Even if it's just in a few locations around the parks, I believe that losing Photopass photographers will be a huge loss for guests new and old, and I really hope this decision may be reconsidered. Let me know your thoughts on this subject in the comments below and remember:

"It takes people to make the dream a reality" - Walt Disney

Thanks for reading!

Love, Amy xxx 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe