My Surprising Disney+ Favourite

Sunday, June 28, 2020

In the UK, Disney+ couldn’t have come at a better time, saving us from complete lockdown boredom with classic films, hundreds of tv shows, and a great selection of original content that continued some of our favourite stories and gave us a behind the scenes look at the films and theme parks we all love so much. 

Before the platform was even launched, I knew that High School Musical: The Musical: The Series and The Imagineering Story would be two of my absolute favourites and they definitely didn't disappoint. I've already watched every episode of The Imagineering Story twice and am (not so) patiently waiting for the announced second season of HSMTMTS. But more recently I have discovered a new favourite that I keep coming back to again and again, and that is Walt Disney Animation Studios' Zenimation


Disney describes Zenimation as "an animated soundscape experience", offering a few minutes of relaxation and mindfulness with the help of some much loved Disney characters including Moana, Elsa, Baymax and Tarzan. The series celebrates some of the incredible visual and sound artists who are responsible for the Animation Studio's catalogue of films and is split into 10 short episodes, each focusing on a different theme such as water, discovery, nature, and levity. 

As someone who often listens to white noise to help me get to sleep at night, this series couldn't have been more perfect for me. In particular, I love the sound of water and waves, so the Water and Water Realms episodes are my personal favourites, although they are all absolutely beautiful to listen to and watch. 


Even if you're not a fan of white noise or ASMR, I would highly recommend this series to anyone who loves Disney and animation. I've been watching animated films all my life, yet I didn't realise just how much effort goes into creating realistic sound effects that are often not even heard because of the music that plays over the top of them. This series is an amazing tribute to some of the unsung members of the animation team and I would love to see more episodes in the future. 

-

There's still so much I am looking forward to watching on Disney+, including One Day At Disney, Disney's Fairytale Weddings and the new Making Of Frozen II series. What's been your favourite thing to watch on Disney+? Let me know in the comments. 

Pin it for later:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe