18 Things I've Learnt Whilst 18

Monday, August 22, 2016

The amazing cake my mum made for my 18th birthday

As you're reading this, today is my 19th birthday and looking back it's amazing to see how much has changed in my life since this time last year. I'm a much more confident person than I was a year ago and I've met some amazing people and experienced some awesome things. This started me thinking about all the things I've learnt over the past year, so here are the top 18 things I've learnt whilst 18:
  1. Not everyone you meet will like you and that's okay
  2. Stepping out of your comfort zone is worth it
  3. I am capable of far more than I give myself credit for
  4. It's important to take time to do things that you want to do even if you're really busy
  5. I don't need to compare myself to other people because I will never be anyone other than myself (and that's a good thing)
  6. It's okay to fail as long as you don't give up
  7. It's okay to say no to something that you don't want to do
  8. Fruity wine tastes like juice and can get you drunk very quickly
  9. Appreciate the small things because sometimes they're better than the big things
  10. Standing on the sofa dancing to Mamma Mia is one of the best ways to spend an evening (shout-out to Katy for realising this with me)
  11. Being away from home isn't as scary as you think it will be 
  12. If you have a problem, tell your parents, they pretty much always know what to do
  13. True friends are ones that you can go weeks without speaking to then pick up exactly where you left off
  14. There's nothing wrong with taking 50 selfies when you're having a great hair and make-up day and the lighting is just right
  15. Going to the gym can actually be fun
  16. Just because something isn't happening in your life right now, it doesn't mean it never will
  17. You can't beat a good home cooked meal
  18. If you don't like something about your life and have the ability to change it, do something about it
Looking forward, I'm so excited to see what will happen in my life over the next year, the things I will experience and the people I will meet and what I'll learn that can be added to this list. 

Thanks for reading,

Amy xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe