The University Tag

Wednesday, October 05, 2016


I'm now into my first full week back at uni after being in Disneyland Paris for the first half of last week and I've just about gotten back into the swing of things which means I'm getting back into the swing of blogging. Most of the time when I don't post a blog post it's because I'm super busy with uni work so when I saw this university tag I thought it was only fair to do it myself and let you guys know more about what I get up to whilst I'm here. 

Where do you study? The University of Birmingham and I absolutely love it!

What do you study? English Language. I've done a whole blog post on what English Language students do (here) but this year in particular I am studying phonetics & phonology, psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics and discourse analysis.

What year are you in? I have just started my second year... I honestly can't believe it's been a whole year since I started!

Do you live at home or at uni? I live at uni in a house with 7 of my friends and we've only been here 2 weeks but it's already so much fun

How old are you? I'm 19

What are your three uni essentials? A planner - this is my life saver! Sometimes I think that I have hardly any work but then I realise that I have loads of reading to do so having it all written down makes sure you won't forget anything important Washi Tape - this sounds really weird but it is such a cheap and easy way to decorate your uni room. You can get it in so many different patterns and it's completely removable without leaving any marks so you can personalise your room without worrying about ruining the walls A comfortable pair of shoes - again this sounds like a weird one but if you're like me and you have to walk for a while to get to uni then this is definitely essential. I have a 25 minute walk to and from uni every day which added on to walking around campus in between lectures means I actually do quite a lot of walking in a day so comfy shoes are a necessity. 

What is your favourite meal to cook? Stir fry, it's super quick and easy but you can change it slightly every time to make it a different meal 

What is the latest you've been to the library? Literally like 3 in the afternoon... I prefer to work at home so I only ever go to the library to do work in between my lectures

Ever done an all nighter to finish work? Nope, I'm the kind of person who likes to get work done as soon as possible so I'm not stressing at the last minute. I also don't work well in the evenings because I'd rather be doing other stuff

Your favourite university moment so far? Definitely when we made Christmas dinner last year. There were about 12 of us sitting on the floor around 2 coffee tables in the corridor next to the lifts so we'd call the lift to come to the floor then when the door opened we'd pop party poppers into them. The food actually turned out amazing and we listened to Christmas music and danced and I cannot wait to do it again this year!

One piece of advice for a fresher - Don't worry about not making friends, everyone is in the same situation as you and everyone wants to make friends, even if you don't make a really close friend within the first couple of weeks, once you get to know people and become more comfortable then you'll make tonnes of friends. Also if you are worried about making friends then join loads of societies because you'll meet loads of people who have the same interests as you and you might end up learning a new skill as well!

Something you worried about for no reason - Apart from worrying I wouldn't make any friends I think my main worry was that I was going to be really homesick. Although there were some things about home that I really missed, I love uni more than I ever thought I would and made some great friends who make uni feel like a home away from home. Also, I only live about an hour away from Birmingham so I know that if anything is happening at home or if I'm not feeling well then I can just get on the next train home or pop back for the weekend.

I really enjoy doing these kinds of tag posts and letting you guys know a bit more about me so I hope you enjoyed this and thanks for reading!

Amy xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe