Week Three | Working For The Mouse (CEP/DCP)

Friday, December 01, 2017

Check out weeks one and two

Saturday 1st July - Stocker/fryer training and Studios

I was working a 6am - 2pm shift today so I had to get up at 3 again to get the early bus. I was trained in stocker and fryer which involved frying the potatoes, fries and chicken nuggets, and making sure both of the windows were always stocked with food throughout the morning. This was actually quite hard because you're constantly on the move and there were so many things to remember. Because I was there so early I got to have breakfast on my break and I got Mickey waffles! After work I met Esme in Hollywood Studios (she worked there at ABC Commissary) and we went to Backlot Express; I had a bacon cheeseburger and some carrot sticks for dinner. We went to watch Voyage of the Little Mermaid and then I went home because I had to be up early again the next day.



Sunday 2nd July - Mickey Waffles and Disney Quest


I had to get up super early again today but during breakfast I got to make Mickey waffles which was super fun! After breakfast I was trained on greeter which involved taking people's food orders and it was good but actually a lot more confusing than you'd think it would be (there were a lot of buttons to memorise on the tablet). This was definitely my favourite day of training! I finished work at 2:30 so I went to Disney Springs afterwards to meet Cat and Katie at Disney Quest for it's last ever day before it closed. This was like a massive arcade with loads of small games and simulators and we went on Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean and the rollercoaster simulator. I made the most tame rollercoaster ever and Katie made hers go upside down 8 times! We had so much fun and then we were joined by Esme and Jenna and went to House of Blues for dinner. I had the bacon chipotle Mac and cheese which was incredible and a mocktail (the joys of being under 21).



Monday 3rd July - More training


Today was a bit of a boring day, I'd had quite a few days of getting up super early for work so I had a nice long lie in in the morning. I had work from 4pm-12:30am and I was trained on afternoon stocker fryer which was pretty similar to the morning one except you have to set up for dinner and get all the food from the main kitchen. This was probably even harder than the morning one because there was even more to have to remember!


Tuesday 4th July - Fourth of July at Epcot


Today was the Fourth of July and somehow me and Esme managed to both get the day off (usually CPs are practically guaranteed to be working on days like that) and decided to go to Epcot as we knew Magic Kingdom would be absolutely packed. The transtar bus (the cast bus) drops you off outside cast services and when we walked through we were given free Mickey premium bars because of the holiday so our decision was already worth it. When we got into the park we made our way to World Showcase because I had been told that there were some special characters in the American pavilion to celebrate. On our way there we stopped at the UK pavilion and met Mary Poppins, who neither of us had met before. We then carried on to the American Adventure where we met Chip and Dale and Mickey in their 4th of July outfits. We were actually in a queue to meet Mickey, Goofy and Pluto but it started raining after meeting Mickey so they left and we went to find somewhere indoors. We went to the China pavilion and I had my second orange chicken of the summer before going on Figment and then heading home for a bit of a break.



Esme had seen the special 4th of July fireworks the night before but I had been working so I went to the Polynesian by myself and watched them from the beach which was really lovely.




Wednesday 5th July - Grab and Go training

Today I had a really chilled out day and just had a lie in and did some laundry in the morning before heading to work from 4-12:30. I was training on grab and go which I loved because you just have to stand in the fridge all day and make sure that all of the coolers are stocked with desserts and drinks. It does get super cold but it was so easy so it was great. I had a really great time with my trainer Chris as well, he was the same age as me so we got on really well, whereas the rest of my trainers so far had been quite a bit older than me. 

Thursday 6th July - Social Security and Pizza training

I had my social security meeting this morning so I had to be up at 5 to then be at The Commons at 6. This was super boring and we had to sit and wait for ages in a freezing cold building to then talk to someone for about 5 minutes so we could get our social security number. When we got back home I went back to bed and then went to work from 4-12:30 again. I was trained on pizza today which was a lot of fun but it was quite stressful when it got really busy. I didn't actually finish work until gone 1am because we had to stay to help clean everything but one of my friends gave me a lift home and we sang Dear Evan Hansen and Hamilton in the car which was much better than getting the bus!

Friday 7th July - Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios

I had the day off today so after a bit of a lie in I headed to Animal Kingdom for the afternoon by myself because it was the only park that I still hadn't been to. I watched Finding Nemo the musical and met Mickey and Minnie in their safari outfits which were so cute! I had some food at Yak and Yeti which was delicious and then I got the bus over to Hollywood Studios to meet Courtney and Chloe. We were planning on watching Fantasmic but it was cancelled because of the weather so we went on Toy Story Midway Mania and Star Tours before getting the bus home.



This week was a bit more interesting than the last one and in my opinion they just keep getting better and better so get ready for seven more weeks of Disney fun!

Thanks for reading!

Amy xxx

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh this is amazing!! I've always wanted to go to Disneyland, it's such a shame that Australia is so far away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was incredible! Hopefully you'll get there one day!

      Delete

Subscribe