Week Four | Working For The Mouse (CEP/DCP)

Friday, February 23, 2018

You can find my previous diary posts here

Saturday 8th July - Earned my ears!

I had my KAPA today (the test at the end of training) and I passed! This meant that I was officially a fully trained Walt Disney World cast member! I was really stressed about this day thinking it was going to be really difficult and they were going to be hard on us but it was really relaxed and if we had any questions or weren't sure about anything then our trainer was more than happy to help. I had to be in work for 9am as we were being tested on both breakfast and lunch and we spent about 20 minutes in each role before moving on to the next one so they could see us doing everything. After the assessment I was scheduled for a regular shift which meant I would have been working until 12:30am (a 15 and a half hour shift in total!) but my manager let me go home at 8pm so it was still long but not as bad as it could be! After work I went to Walmart with Esme and Jenna which was ridiculously busy, even though by the time we left it had gone midnight!

Sunday 9th July - Lazy day

Today I just had a lazy day; I had a lie in and did some laundry before going to work. It's easy to feel like you should be going to the parks at every available opportunity so you're not wasting your time on your program but sometimes you really need a day to catch up on sleep and washing! This was my first day at work since earning my ears so it was my first day completely by myself. I was on greeter all afternoon and it was quite stressful because it was really busy but I do quite enjoy it. 

Monday 10th July - Jenna's birthday!

Today was my flatmate Jenna's birthday and we had reservations for breakfast at Akershus in Epcot. The bus we wanted to get never showed up so we were pretty stressed and running a bit late but we got there just in time and had a really lovely breakfast; pastries, fruit, bacon, sausage, potatoes and scrambled eggs. Akershus is a princess character dining restaurant and we met Belle, Jasmine, Snow White and Ariel. 


After breakfast we went on Living With the Land, Finding Nemo and Soarin'. I went home to get changed for work and then had a 5:15-11:30 shift doing greeter again. I had so much food for breakfast that I didn't have any lunch or anything to eat on my break but there was loads of food left over at the end of dinner so our manager let us have some ribs and mash and then one of my friends gave me a lift home so I didn't have to get the bus. 

Tuesday 11th July - Animal Kingdom and Fantasmic

I had the day off today so I went to Animal Kingdom with Esme and two of her friends that she flew out with. We met Mickey and Minnie in their really cute safari outfits and then we went to Yak and Yeti for lunch where I had the honey chicken. After lunch we went on Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur and Kilimanjaro Safari; I was terrified before we went on Dinosaur because I thought it was going to be a ride with big drops but I actually loved it. We managed to get fast-passes for Fantasmic so we got the bus over to Hollywood Studios and finally got to see after a couple of failed attempts. When we got back to the apartment we ordered McDonalds off of Uber Eats and watched Love Island before going to bed. 


Wednesday 12th July - Pizza

I had another lazy morning and then went to work for my 3:15-11:45 shift. I was on pizza today which was definitely one of my favourites but it does get really stressful when it's busy!

Thursday 13th July - Greeter

Did nothing today but go to work!

Friday 14th July - Magic Kingdom and Grab & Go

I didn't have work today until 6pm so I went to Magic Kingdom by myself for a few hours. I saw Philharmagic , Move It Shake It parade and Royal Friendship Faire and then had lunch at Columbia Harbour House. I'd taken my camera with me so I spent the afternoon taking pictures around the park and then I got a red velvet cake pop from Storybook Circus before getting the bus over to Animal Kingdom Lodge. I worked from 6-12:30 going grab and go which I absolutely loved because it's so peaceful and stress free. When we'd finished we had to stay and help clean the bakery so we got to take some cookies home which is definitely a great perk to doing a closing shift. 


This was quite a stressful week as I was working a lot but I loved that my shifts meant that I could often do stuff during the day before then going to work and it was great to be able to spend some time with Jenna on her birthday because Disney birthdays are the best!

Love Amy xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe