Week Five | Working For The Mouse (CEP/DCP)

Friday, March 02, 2018

Saturday 15th July - Universal and Animal Kingdom

I had the day off today so I went to Universal Studios with Esme and Courtney as I hadn't been since I got my annual pass in week one. We didn't get there until lunchtime so we headed over to the quick service in the Jurassic Park area where I had a bacon cheeseburger and fries. We then went to Hogsmeade and went on Forbidden Journey; I hated it and had my eyes closed for literally the entire thing! After that Esme and Courtney went on Jurassic Park but I stayed and sat in Hogsmeade and just did some people watching. Then we got the Hogwarts Express over to the other side of the park and went to the Simpsons area where we got giant doughnuts before going on the E.T. ride which was so weird but also great at the same time. We then got an Uber back to housing before Courtney and I got the bus to Animal Kingdom where we met her friend Luke. I went on Tough to be a Bug, Primeval Whirl and did a nighttime safari and then got to see Pandora at night which was so cool where it was all lit up. The other two went on Flight of Passage but the queue was three hours long and I had work in the morning so I watched Tree of Life Awakens before getting the bus home. When I got back the others were ordering Dominos so I got some too - it's so cheap in America compared to the UK!


Sunday 16th July - Work

Didn't do anything exciting today, my shift started a bit earlier than normal so I didn't have time to do anything before.

Monday 17th July - Magic Kingdom and Be Our Guest

This was such a magical day! I had the day off so I went to Magic Kingdom with Cat in the morning and we had funnel cake with strawberries and cream for brunch which was delicious although we definitely could have shared one between us! We then went over to Fantasyland and went on the teacups before going to one of the shops by the castle and getting pixie dusted! Esme joined us after that because she'd had a lie in after working late the night before and we went on Haunted Mansion, Philharmagic (one of Cat's work locations), Winnie the Pooh and Carousel of Progress. We then met Katie and went to our dinner reservation at Be Our Guest. I had made this reservation before we'd even gone out to Florida and that was the only date I could get and I could only get it for 4 people so it worked out so well that 4 of us had the day off on that day! None of us had ever been in there before and it was so amazing; the atmosphere and the food were both incredible! We were sat in the west wing and I had the shrimp and scallop pasta and then the grey stuff for dessert of course! We met The Beast in his library after dinner and then we stayed on theme and did Enchanted Tales with Belle before going on The Little Mermaid ride and watching Happily Ever After. After that we went and did Haunted Mansion again and got to see Kayleigh at work and then we went on Mine Train for the first time which was such a good ride.



Tuesday 18th July - Another lazy day

This morning I caught up with my laundry and then went to work. I did a 3:30-11:45 shift on greeter.

Wednesday 19th July - Shopping in Disney Springs

I went to Disney Springs by myself in the morning to do a bit of shopping a get some stuff that I'd had my eye on for a while but had never bought. I ended up getting the big storage box that looks like a storybook, some notebooks that said 2017 on them, and the Animal Kingdom Lodge pin. I went to Earl of Sandwich for lunch and had a Caesar salad and then got a cinnamon pretzel from Wetzels Pretzels. After that I went to work and did another 3:30-11:45 shift. Normally I would only do one thing for a whole shift but because of people calling in sick I ended up doing a bit of dining room, greeter and stocker and it was really nice to have a bit of variation.

Thursday 20th July - More work

The next few days were quite busy ones for me so I decided to take the day off today and just went to work in the evening after a day of sitting in bed and watching Youtube!

Friday 21st July - Epcot with Jenna

I went to Epcot in the morning with Jenna and we went on the Frozen ride for the first time which was actually quite good, although I don't think I'd go on it again without a fastpass; the queue time got longer after we had been in it for 5 minutes so we queued for a lot longer than we thought we were going to. We then spent some time going round the world showcase and we ate lunch in the France pavilion; I had a bacon and cheese pastry swirl and then a macaron which were both delicious. I then left Jenna and went back to the apartment to get changed and then went to work for the evening.


I really hope you're all enjoying reading these posts as much as I'm enjoying writing them and reminiscing about what I got up to! The next week is a really great week as my family arrived to visit me and I got to spend a lot of time with them.

Love Amy xx

(You can find my other posts about Walt Disney World and my CEP here)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe