Week Six | Working For The Mouse (CEP/DCP)

Monday, May 21, 2018

Saturday 22nd July - Disney Springs with Sarah and my family arrived!


One of my friends from home was in Florida on holiday with her family so I went to meet her in Disney Springs and we had a lovely morning. We went to Sprinkles for a nice healthy breakfast where I had the chocolate marshmallow cupcake and we sat and had a good catch up while we ate. We then went round all of the shops before going to Blaze for lunch. Luckily we managed to get a seat inside because while we were eating it started absolutely chucking it down with rain! Unfortunately it didn't stop anytime soon and I had to walk in it to the bus stop to get my bus to work and got absolutely soaked! I spent the evening at work doing stocker/fryer but my family had arrived in Orlando during the afternoon so it was so weird doing my shift knowing that they were literally about 5 minutes away but I wouldn't be able to see them until the next day.

Sunday 23rd July - Magic Kingdom with my family

My family rented a car so they came and picked me up from housing and it was so amazing to see them! We spent the day in Magic Kingdom and went on Big Thunder Mountain and the Little Mermaid before having lunch at Be Our Guest. I had the croque monsieur and a chocolate cupcake and whilst it was nice, it was a bit disappointing compared to dinner. After lunch we watched the parade and did Haunted Mansion, Mine Train, Carousel of Progress and the People Mover before having dinner at Tony's which was delicious. My parents then left to go to Walmart and me and my brother and sister went on Buzz Lightyear before watching Happily Ever After - It was so amazing seeing their reactions to seeing it for the first time. We then got some dole whip before getting an uber back to the villa my family were staying at where I stayed for the night... it was so amazing to sleep in a proper bed with a comfortable mattress and a duvet!



Monday 24th July - Trail's End and work

My flatmates and I made a last minute breakfast reservation for Trail's End so my parents dropped me off at Fort Wilderness and I met them there (after getting a bit lost). Not only did we get an amazing cast discount here, but also the food was absolutely incredible! I tried American biscuits and gravy for the first time and they were actually really yummy (you can read more about my thoughts on this breakfast here). After breakfast we had a wander around Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge, before I got the bus over to Disney Springs to meet my family and sat with them whilst they ate lunch at House of Blues. My dad then gave me a lift to work where I was on greeter for the evening. 


Tuesday 25th July - Hollywood Studios and feeling ill

I stayed with my family for the night again so I went with them to Hollywood Studios for the morning where we did Midway Mania, One Mans Dream, Frozen Sing-a-long and Muppet Vision, as well as meeting Olaf. We ate lunch at ABC Commissary and then I had to get the bus over to AKL for work. I was on greeter again but halfway through my shift I started feeling really dizzy and nauseous (I think I had a bit of sunstroke from earlier in the day) so I got an ER and my dad came and picked me up. 

Wednesday 26th July - Epcot and breaker

I woke up feeling so much better and went to Epcot for the day with my family. We went on Finding Nemo and Spaceship Earth and then went for a wander around the World Showcase, stopping off at China for some orange chicken for our lunch. I had to leave mid afternoon to get the bus over to work where I was doing breaker for the first time. Whereas usually we would have one role that we would do for the whole shift, if you are breaker you get to do a little bit of everything whilst other people are on their break which I really enjoyed and it definitely made my shift go a lot faster. 

Notice how I'm the least tanned of all of us even though I had been in Florida for a month already!

Thursday 27th July - Lazy day

After a few very busy days with my family I decided to have a lazy day and had a lie in until 11:30 before ordering some Dominos for lunch and watching some YouTube videos. Whilst I loved spending time with my family it felt so good to have a day of doing nothing and being inside in the air-con! I then went to work for the evening and my parents came to visit me during my shift as they had gone to Boma for dinner which is the restaurant next to where I worked. 

Friday 28th July - Kennedy Space Centre and Longhorn Steakhouse 

Because my family hired a car we were able to go and do some things slightly further away from Disney so we drove down to the Kennedy Space Centre for the day. We had such a good time looking at all of the launch pads and learning about the Apollo missions - we were given a tour by a man who used to do the countdowns for rocket launches! It was really fun and also really informative and I would definitely recommend it to anyone going to Florida. On our way home we stopped for dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse where I had a steak with sweet potato and mac and cheese. This is probably a really generic restaurant for Americans but it's really nice food and super cheap compared to Disney prices. We then took a trip to Target before going back to the villa. 

Thanks for reading, stay tuned for next week featuring more time with my family and my service celebration!

Love Amy xx

(You can check out my other posts on Disney and my CEP here)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe