Week Seven | Working For The Mouse (CEP/DCP)

Monday, June 11, 2018

Saturday 29th July - Cast Connection and Star Wars fireworks

I had the day off so I went to Cast Connection with my family (Cast Connection is a kind of warehouse that sells broken or discontinued items at a heavily discounted price for cast members and their family and friends), where we bought some presents for my cousins and a few things for ourselves. We then went to Disney Springs and did some more shopping before going to Blaze for lunch. After lunch we went to Epcot and rode Living with the Land, Journey into Imagination and Test Track and then met Mickey, Minnie and Goofy at the Epcot Character Spot. We then went round the World Showcase, beginning in Canada and ending in China where we went to the Nine Dragons restaurant for dinner; I had the Canton pepper beef with noodles and it was delicious. Afterwards we drove over to Hollywood Studios to watch the Star Wars fireworks before going back to the villa.



Sunday 30th July - IHOP and work

We went to IHOP for breakfast which was really cool because I had gotten takeaway from there but had never actually been before. I had the double chocolate chip pancakes and bacon which was really good. My family then went to the mall but I went back to my flat to have a nap before going to work for the evening.

Monday 31st July - Mini Golf, Animal Kingdom and more Mini Golf

I had another day off so I went to Fantasia Gardens and played mini golf with my family. It was such a fun thing to do outside of the parks and it's free with the 14-day ultimate ticket if you're from the UK so I would definitely recommend it if you get the chance. We then went for lunch at Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs which I thought was even better than Nine Dragons. After lunch we went to Animal Kingdom where we saw Finding Nemo the Musical, Festival of the Lion King and It's Tough to be a Bug. We then went to Pandora and road Flight of Passage twice after managing to get some fast passes and it was absolutely incredible! It absolutely lived up to its hype and is definitely worth the very large queue times. We also rode Navi River Journey which was also really good but definitely not on the same level as FoP. In the evening we decided to go to Winter Summerland and play another game of mini golf after enjoying it so much in the morning.



Tuesday 1st August - Animal Kingdom

I had work in the morning and then went to Animal Kingdom with Katie, Esme and Jenna whilst my family spent the day at SeaWorld. We went on Dinosaur and then went to Yak and Yeti for some dinner where I had the chicken fried rice and a pork spring roll. We then went over to Pandora and all got a Night Blossom drink which was really cute and yummy but very sweet. After taking plenty of photos, the others got in the queue for Flight of Passage but I went home as I had been on it two times the day before. We had had lovely weather all evening but my family came to pick me up from the flat and were absolutely drenched after getting stuck in a massive storm whilst leaving SeaWorld.



Wednesday 2nd August - Mum's Birthday and Graduation 

This day was a very busy day! It was my mum's birthday so we went to Crystal Palace for breakfast and met Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore and ate some delicious food. Even though I still had a month left on my program it was also my graduation/service celebration that day so I got an uber back to the flat and headed over to Chatham Square with Cat and Esme. When we arrived we got given a certificate and graduation ears and then we got to meet Mickey and Minnie in their graduation outfits. We had some food, took plenty of pictures and met Lady Tremaine and the Step Sisters before it started to rain and we went back home. I then had to go to work for the evening where I did greeter for a bit before finishing the evening doing grab and go. It was a really nice day although I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't get the day off and join my family again for dinner at Be Our Guest.


Thursday 3rd August

After a very busy day the day before, I slept in until 11 and then went to work after lunch where I was doing breaker. 

Friday 4th August - My family's last day

I managed to trade my shift to get the day off for my family's last full day and we spent the day at Magic Kingdom. We went on Thunder Mountain, Winnie the Pooh, Little Mermaid, People Mover, Carousel of Progress and Small World. We had lunch at Pinnochio Village Haus and then later had dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern where we had a lovely meal, especially the toffee cake for dessert! We then did the Tangled lantern photopass before heading to Main Street to watch Happily Ever After together one last time. It was very emotional but I'd had the best two weeks with them and there was a part of me that was looking forward to getting back to normality and being able to spend a bit more time with my friends. 

Thanks for reading!

Love Amy xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe