Challenging myself

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Since coming to university in September I have become much more confident in myself and my abilities. This new-found confidence has allowed me to challenge myself and step out of my comfort zone more and more times. And I've found that with each 'step' I take, this zone gets bigger and bigger.

Source
Starting this blog was a big challenge for me and the positive outcome has made me determined to challenge myself as much as possible throughout this year, even if it's just small things like retrying foods I thought I hated or speaking up more in seminars. But I've set myself quite a big challenge too;

Those of you who know me know that running is a large leap outside of my comfort zone. At school I was the girl who faked an injury every year to get out of cross country and who hid behind the lockers to avoid getting picked for sports day. But last week I signed up to do a 5K in September. (You did read that right, I am voluntarily running).

If you know me you'll also know that I'm a massive Disney fan and this race just so happens to be taking place within the Disneyland Paris parks, during their inaugural runDisney half marathon weekend. But although I'm excited to spend a weekend in Disney, this is about more than just limited edition pins and medals. Although more experienced runners may see a 5K as a piece of cake, I have never done anything like this before and I'm determined to prove to myself that I can cross that finish line (although at the moment just the thought of doing a 5K has me breaking out in a sweat!)

What are you going to do to challenge yourself this week?

Amy xxx

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. It's a little bit about limited edition Disney stuff and medals ;)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe