January Favourites 2017

Wednesday, February 01, 2017

I've never done a proper monthly favourites post because I don't feel like I try enough new things every month to warrant a whole post for them. However, this month I've been trying quite a few new things that I got for Christmas or in the sales so I thought I would give it a try. I am going to aim to do one every month of 2017, even if there are only 2 things in it sometimes, but we'll see how that goes! So without further ado, here are my January favourites:


I asked my parents to get me a Happiness Planner for Christmas and I'm so glad I did! Not only is it great for planning out my day and writing a quick to do list, it really makes you focus on the good things in your life. I think I'm going to write a whole post about it so I won't go into too much detail, but it has definitely helped me be a more positive person. Mine is in the colour 'rose quartz and serenity' and I think it's absolutely beautiful!

Recently I've been completely obsessed with Makeup Revolution. I had a couple of their products before but I got their Redemption palette in the shade 'Iconic 2' in the January sales and I instantly fell in love! Not only are the colours absolutely gorgeous, with both matte and shimmery shades, it is incredibly pigmented and lasts all day. This is an amazing dupe for the Naked 2 palette and to top it all off, it was only £4!!

This month I've been loving Apple Music. I actually got it last month but I started using it so much more after coming back to uni. I don't have Spotify so I often used to listen to music on YouTube which would drain my phone battery so much so I love having so much music at my fingertips without having to keep my phone unlocked. At the moment i'm loving the Moana soundtrack (yes i'm still obsessed) and Ed Sheeran's new singles. A subscription is £10 a month but if you're a student you can get 50% off with a Unidays account.

One of the other things I bought in the January sales was a Johanna Basford 'Enchanted Forest' colouring calendar. I had one of these last year, and am a big lover of adult colouring books (check out my post about them here) so I knew I would love it. But I can never decide which picture I want to colour next, so I love having a specific picture that I know I need to do that month. Johanna Basford colouring books are my absolute favourite, I love her designs and I like that some of the pictures in the calendar are the same as the Enchanted Forest book, meaning I can colour it in in a completely different way to last time.


Thanks for reading!

Amy xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe