Disneyland Paris 25th Anniversary Review | April 2017

Wednesday, April 19, 2017


Wow. Just wow. If you had asked me to write this post last Wednesday I honestly don't think I could have because I was just lost for words. I feel so lucky to have been able to be at Disneyland Paris on April 12th, the official 25th anniversary of Disneyland Park. It was honestly the most magical day and it 100% reminded me of why I love Disney so much.

We got to the park just before it opened at 8am, which was a little bit later than we had planned. Luckily we'd parked in the Disney Village car park so there was no line at security and we were able to go straight through to the park, as the gates opened as soon as we got there. Once in the park, we picked up our free badges and programmes and headed straight down the arcade to central plaza. We didn't have the best view and were about 5 people away from the front, but considering people who were at the front had been queuing since about 4am, we didn't really mind!

We were waiting for about an hour before the show started and it was so so worth it! I don't think my words can still do any justice for just how incredible this show was, but I'll give it a go. To begin with, Mickey and all his friends came out from the castle (which was magical enough as it was). Then, as the show went on, characters that represented each of the lands came out and had a section of music and dancing. There was so many amazing rare characters out, like Kuzko, The Rescuers and the experiments from Lilo and Stitch, but my personal highlight was seeing all three of the Aristocats (my all time favourite Disney film). Right at the end, Catherine Powell, the president of Disneyland Paris, came out and made a speech before all the cast members came out and did a massive flash mob. I managed to hold it together until this point where I just started sobbing thinking "THIS WILL BE ME SOON!". Whilst it would have been amazing to be nearer the front and seen everything a little better, I just feel so happy and lucky to have been able to see it all in person. I've already watched it again on YouTube and you should definitely check it out if you haven't already. 


Later on in the day there were two 25th anniversary cavalcades, which was basically a parade of all the characters that we had seen that morning. We wanted to make sure we were at the front for this one, so we got there as soon as the first cavalcade finished and waited for almost 2 hours for the second one (the top of my head is still very sunburnt!). It was so worth it to be able to be at the front though and see all of the characters up close. I was able to take some amazing pictures which I know I will treasure forever!


I know there were things that we didn't do, like meeting Mickey and Minnie and everyone in their anniversary costumes, but the day was still absolutely magical without that. It was such perfect weather and I don't think I've ever seen the park looking so clean and sparkly! Bring on the 30th anniversary! 

If you want to see more pictures of my trip, check out my new Disney Instagram!

Thanks for reading!

Amy xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe